Sunday, August 17, 2008

Writing code

I have spent several days writing computer code in the programming language Python. I created a program to generate web pages for my website. I am using a Linux program called Gramps to manage the genealogy database, which is a Gedcom file. I use my program to generate the webpages to upload to the site. I have 50 people currently in the database, which means my program generates 50 webpages. I use a Linux program called gFTP to upload the files. It took me quite sometime to find a web page template that I liked and I could alter to my liking. Some of the templates were not stable once I made a few changes to them. But, this template seems quite stable and can be easily modified. The link to my website is http://reynolds-family.awardspace.com/ I like the looks and the action of the webpages. Now, I just need folks to send me some data on the folks I have on those pages.

No comments: